Events are fun activities or short weekend getaways organised by us for everyone to participate in.
These events encompass the spirit of iwannatravel, where we believe in having fun and creating memorable experiences for everybody.
- This event has passed.
4D3N Ijen Crater & Mt Bromo, Indonesia (11-14 November 2016)
3rd November 2016,3rd November 2016 - 6th November 2016,6th November 2016 SGT
This short retreat will bring you up close to two of the most majestic volcanic landscapes in the Indonesian Ring of Fires; Ijen crater and Mount Bromo. Be mesmerised by the electric blue flames of Ijen which can only be seen in the wee hours. Savour the beauty of the turquoise coloured acidic lake and witness the indomitable spirit of the miners as they battle the treacherous terrain to haul heavy loads of mined sulphur to make a living. Hop on a 4WD to catch the rising sun casting its first rays over the surreal landscape of Tigger Caldera. The fuming Mount Bromo rising from the flat volcanic sand bed of the gigantic caldera will be a sight to behold. The top of Mount Bromo can be reached via 253 concrete steps making it one of the most accessible active volcanos in the world. End the trip with a visit to Surabaya, home to many of the nation’s fiercest independence fighters and thus known to locals as Kota Pahlawan (City of Heroes).
Date: 11 to 14 November 2016
Meeting Time and Venue: Surabaya Airport (we will let you know the suggested flights)
Expected Group Size: 4-6 pax
Price : $435 per pax
- All local land transfers including airport transfers
- All accommodations based on twin sharing (Ijen – Ijen View Hotel, Bromo – Cafe Lava/Bromo Permai, Surabaya – Artotel)
- All accommodations’ breakfasts
- English speaking guide for the whole trip (driver is separate person)
- Entrance fees to Ijen National Park, Bromo National Park and Madakaripura Waterfalls
- 4WD for Mount Bromo
- Return international air tickets
- Travel insurance
- Indonesian VISA (ASEAN citizens are VISA-free up to 30 days)
- All meals except breakfasts
- Optional horse ride at Mount Bromo
- Ijen guide for optional hike down the crater
- Tips for guides
- All expenses of a personal nature
More Questions? Read through our Ijen and Bromo frequently asked questions (FAQ) and get them answered!
Due to the small group size, registration confirmation will be on a first come first served basis.
Deadline to join the trip is 10 Oct 2016.