The island of Java boasts one single mountain that almost all serious local hikers aspire to climb: Mount Semeru. Mount Semeru also known as Mahameru, meaning “The Great Mountain” rises abruptly to 3676m above coastal plains to the south, is one of the most challenging mountain climbs in Indonesia. It is also a restless volcano that is known for its regular ash eruptions that occur at intervals of 10-30 minutes. The trail is also blessed with finest scenery throughout from savannah grasslands, lavender fields, and beautiful tranquil lakes to fuming crater.
SINGAPORE – SURABAYA – TUMPUNG – RANU PANI
Fly direct from Singapore Changi Airport to Surabaya Juanda International Airport. Upon arrival at the airport, you will be picked up by our friendly guide to Tumpung (approx. 2.5 hrs drive). At Tumpang, you will be transferred to a 4WD jeepneys for an exciting ride to your homestay in Ranu Pani Village (approx. 1.5 hrs. drive). At 2100m high, it is one of the highest villages in Indonesia. Enjoy the crisp mountain air and scenery as the jeep whizzes along mountain ridges that look down to beautiful terraced fields. Explore the tranquil village where church and mosque peacefully coexisted, Ranu Pani Lake and surrounding farms at your own leisure.
RANU PANI – RANU KUMBOLO – KALIMANTI CAMP
- All local land transfers
- First night accommodation in homestay
- Last night accommodation in hotel
- Homestay and hotel breakfast
- All meals and drinks (bottled mineral water, coffee and tea) during the trek
- All camping equipment (tents, sleeping mats, sleeping bags, toilet tent)
- Local Indonesian trekking guide (English speaking)
- Porters for tents, sleeping bags, food and communal equipment
- Gunung Semeru National Park entrance fee
- Mandatory basic medical check up (weight, height and blood pressure) at local clinic (required by the National Park)
- Return international air tickets
- Travel insurance
- Indonesia VISA (ASEAN citizens are VISA-free up to 30 days)
- All meals not indicated
- Porters for personal bags
- Tips for guide and porters
- All expenses of a personal nature
Need more information on Mount Semeru? Read through our Mount Semeru frequently asked questions and get them answered!
Mount Bromo sunrise tour via 4WD can be arranged on the fifth day of the itinerary.
We were lucky, the weather was good and sunny throughout the trip. Scenery was beautiful and most importantly food was great. A great trek but not a stroll in the park. Summit push was a struggle for some of us. Thanks Ying for making our trip a success.
– Jace Lee (Group of 4 on a 4D3N Semeru trip in June 2018)
This was our third trekking trip with IWT after Rinjani and Ophir. We continued to be impressed with their consistent personalized customer service and responsiveness. The pre-trip briefing package which consisted of a detailed packing list and things to take note of are especially useful for our climb preparation.Thanks Bob for keeping a constant check on us during the trip. We look forward to many more trips with you.
– HL Chua (Group of 5 on a 5D4N Semeru trip in May 2016)
Kudos to IWT for making our Semeru trip a success; everything from driver, guide to accommodation were well planned and organised! The Semeru FAQ and packing list provided by Bob were especially useful in helping us to prepare for this trip. Bob was always very prompt and patient towards our enqueries and requests for itinerary amendment. We look forward to our next trip with IWT!
– Jeremy (Group of 6 on a 5D4N Semeru trip in Aug 2015)
– Susana Chua (Group of 3 on a 5D4N Semeru trip in Sept 2015)
IWT LLP, acts only as an agent for The Client in acquiring transportation, accommodations, sightseeing, trekking and other services for The Client’s benefit, and on the express condition that IWT LLP shall not be liable nor responsible for any loss (including without limitation, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss, economic loss), damage, mishap, bodily injury, death, delay, defect, omission or any irregularity that may be caused to The Client, third parties or properties. IWT LLP is to be released from all liabilities deriving from acts of terrorism, hijacking, civil unrest, natural calamities, labour strikes, thefts or any other factors beyond IWT LLP’s control. Any losses and expenses are to be borne by The Client. In the event that IWT LLP is found liable by a court of competent jurisdiction on any basis in relation to The Client’s booking done via IWT LLP, IWT LLP’s maximum liability to the client is limited to the cost of the booking in question. See our full Terms and Conditions.