Travel insurance is the most important travel accessory you will need when planning for an overseas trip. Exposure to events such as flight delay, flight misconnection, lost luggage, stolen luggage or overseas hospitalisation can occur when you least expect them to. Don’t allow travel mishaps to ruin your carefully planned holiday.
At IWT, we like a few travel insurance providers based on their offerings.
1) Chubb Travel Pro with Covid Cover (For Singapore residents)
- Offers basic plan suitable from nearby MBB (Malaysia, Bintan, Batam) trips
- Covers trekking up to 3,000m
- To be eligible, travellers must be ordinarily resident in Singapore, departing from Singapore and provide a Singapore residential address.
- Provides cover for COVID-19 related events, including up to $300,000 for Overseas Medical Expenses due to COVID-19
- Read the brochure and policy wording for details (always check the latest at purchase page)
- Purchase Chubb Travel Pro online here.
2) WorldNomads (For most international travelers)
- Available to travelers from around the world from 140 countries (need not be resident in Singapore), and you can buy even after you have left home.
- Covers trekking up to 6,000m (except if the trek requires use of use rope or special climbing gear)
- When you buy from travel insurance from World Nomads, you also give a little back and support a community development project.
- Purchase WorldNomads online here.
You can also purchase travel insurance from your preferred travel insurance providers.
Please take note that the content on this page is provided as general information only and does not constitute advice. Information displayed on this page or voiced does not take into account the personal circumstances or objectives of any individual, and must not be relied upon. Always carefully read the latest product brochure and policy wording for full details of applicable benefits, terms & conditions and exclusions that are associated with the policy. Before applying for a policy, travellers should satisfy themselves with the suitability of any product, and obtain professional advice if required directly from the insurer.