Events are fun activities or short weekend getaways organised by us for everyone to participate in.
These events encompass the spirit of iwannatravel, where we believe in having fun and creating memorable experiences for everybody.
- This event has passed.
5D4N Mount Rinjani Trek (Group Tour: May)
25th May 2018 - 29th May 2018
Gunung Rinjani, at an impressive height of 3726m, is the second highest volcanic peak in Indonesia. The gigantic volcano dominates the skyline of Lombok Island, and is clearly visible from the aeroplane descending to the Lombok Airport. At the center of the mountain is a huge caldera filled partially with a blue turquoise crater lake, known as Segara Anak (Child of the Sea). The trek to the mountain starts from one of the villages at the foot of the mountain. The first part of the trek transverses through open plains of tall grasses – reminiscent of an African savannah – with plenty of cattle grazing about. After the savannah area, the trail starts to ascend through rolling hills of forests, bringing you to the crater rim. The rim is a great viewpoint to appreciate and take in the sheer size of the caldera, and the beautiful Segara Anak, which is occasionally obstructed by the passing clouds beneath you. The final climb to the summit takes place the next day, very early in the morning. It is a challenging climb where you have to overcome the cold, the strong wind, fatigue and the loose slippery volcanic terrains. At the summit, you will be rewarded with the magical views of the surrounding seas, mountains, lake and rim being illuminated by the rising sun. As you descend back to the rim and venture deep into the caldera, you will follow a winding and often misty path with several bridge crossings, eventually reaching a blue serene lake. There is an opportunity for you to refresh yourself with a dip in the hot spring with a waterfall situated near the campsite by the lake. The next day, the trail will bring you up to the caldera, giving you an alternate view of the other side of the rim, before descending through the forests to the village at the base of the mountain.
Detailed Itinerary: http://iwannatravel.com.sg/indonesia/mount-rinjani-5d4n-sembalun-to-senaru
25 May 2018 Fri – 29 May 2018 Tue
Meeting Venue: Lombok International Airport
Recommended Arrival Flights:
SilkAir MI124 Arrives 10:35am
Recommended Departure Flights:
SilkAir MI123 Departs 11:20am
Minimum Group Size: 4 to go
Price: SGD 550 Per Pax
10% Early Bird Discount for First 2 Sign-up
- All local land transfers
- First night accommodation in homestay
- Last night accommodation in hotel
- Homestay and hotel breakfast
- All meals and drinks (boiled water, coffee and tea) during the trek
- All camping equipment (tents, sleeping mats, sleeping bags)
- Local Indonesian trekking guide (English speaking)
- Porters for tents, sleeping bags, food and communal equipment
- Gunung Rinjani National Park entrance fee
- Return international air tickets
- Travel insurance
- Indonesia VISA (ASEAN citizens are VISA-free up to 30 days)
- All meals not indicated
- Porters for personal bags
- Tips for guide and porters
- All expenses of a personal nature
Accommodations: Twin-sharing basis in homestay and hotel. Single room can be arranged at a supplement fee of SGD 80 per pax for the whole trip.
- 50% deposit is required for Tour Reservation.
- Tour confirmation will be given once the Minimum Group Size is formed.
- The cut off date is 3 weeks prior to trip departure. If the Minimum Group Size is still not formed, full refund will be provided.
- Suggested flight timings are provided as above. It is recommended to book the flights only after the tour is confirmed.
- There will be no tour leader from Singapore. Participants will meet our local tour guide at Lombok International Airport upon arrival.