Events are fun activities or short weekend getaways organised by us for everyone to participate in.
These events encompass the spirit of iwannatravel, where we believe in having fun and creating memorable experiences for everybody.
- This event has passed.
Indonesia Mount Semeru Climb
21st April 2016 - 25th April 2016
Gunung Semeru, also referred to as Mahameru (“Great Mountain”), is the highest mountain in Java and one of the highest in Indonesia. It lies in the Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park, in the province of East Java. Semeru is one of Indonesia’s most active volcanoes. What stands out most about this mountain is the fact that it erupts periodically. Every 20 minutes or so, the volcano belches out a huge cloud of steam and smoke, sometimes interspersed with ash and stones. The scenery on the way is beautiful (the erupting volcano, the mountain Savannah, the lake), and the views from the top are spectacular.
Detailed Itinerary: http://iwannatravel.com.sg/5d4n-mount-semeru
Travelling Date: 21st-25th April 2016
Meeting Venue: Surabaya Juanda International Airport
Trekking duration: 3D2N
Expected group size: 6-8 PAX
Price : SGD480 PER PAX
- Airport transfer on first day and last day
- One night accommodation in homestay in Ranu Pane (on twins-sharing basis)
- One night accommodation in hotel in Surabaya (on twins-sharing basis)
- All meals indicated in above itinerary
- All camping equipment:
- 2 or 4 man tents
- Sleeping bags
- Sleeping mats
- English speaking mountain guide
- Porters for tents, sleeping bags, food and communal equipment
- National Park Entrance Fee
- Hiking Permit
- Medical check out in local clinic before climb
- Return international air ticket
- Travel insurance
- Indonesian VISA (ASEAN citizens are VISA-free up to 30 days)
- All meals not indicated in above itinerary
- Tips for guides and porters
- Porters to carry clients’ personal belongings
- All expenses of a personal nature
Packing List: Will be provided to you upon booking confirmation
Important Note: Mount Semeru is a challenging and strenuous climb. Hikers should be of good fitness with trekking experience and be comfortable with walking on steep slopes and uneven terrain for a duration of around 8-10 hrs each day.
More Questions? Read through our Semeru frequently asked questions (FAQ) and get them answered!
Due to the small group size, registration confirmation will be on a first come first served basis.