Events are fun activities or short weekend getaways organised by us for everyone to participate in.
These events encompass the spirit of iwannatravel, where we believe in having fun and creating memorable experiences for everybody.
- This event has passed.
Vietnam Mount Fansipan Climb (28 – 29 March 2016)
28th March 2016 - 29th March 2016
Trek to the roof of Indochina to witness the rugged beauty of Mount Fansipan. At 3143m tall, Mount Fansipan is the tallest mountain in Vietnam and accessible year-round. The climb is steep with much undulation in the terrain which one has to tackle over the 2D1N trek in sometimes adverse weather conditions. Are you game to take up the challenge?
Travelling Date: 28th-29th March 2016
Meeting Venue: Pick up from your hotel in Sapa
Trekking duration: 2D1N
Expected group size: 4 to 6 pax
Price: SGD 235 per pax
Status: Still open, 3 pax already confirmed, trip will proceed
SAPA – PARK RANGER’S STATION (2000M) – MOUNTAIN CAMP (2800M)
Our friendly local driver and mountain guide will pick you by private transport from your Sapa hotel for a short drive (15km) to Park Rangers’ Station at Tram Ton Pass to start your Mount Fansipan adventure.
Throughout this climb, you can observe and learn about the local cardamom plants, and the uses they have for this local area. Depending on the season and time of the year, you will get to see local birds and other animals. As you trek up to the height of 2200m, you will stop for a picnic lunch. You then keep on trekking up to the height of 2800m where you will camp for the night. As you unwind from the day’s hike, dinner will be served. Have an early night rest.
Overnight: Sheltered huts (or tents if huts are full) on the mountain
MOUNTAIN CAMP (2800M) – FANSIPAN SUMMIT (3143M) – SAPA
Rising early at 630-700am, you will have breakfast before undertaking the final ascent to the very top of Mount Fansipan. Around 1000-1030am, it is time to celebrate the victorious moment of reaching the top of Mount Fansipan – a height of 3143m above sea level. Take some time to absorb the combination of the fresh crisp air and beautiful views while overlooking Sapa town, admiring its thick green forestry landscape. After enjoying the remarkable views, you will commence the descent to 2800m and enjoy a picnic lunch. After the break, you will continue the trek back down to Tram Ton Pass at 2000m where you will receive your certificate of achievement and medal. Your driver will then drive you back to Sapa.
- Mountain Guide (able to speak basic English)
- Return transport between Sapa and mountain base
- Meals – breakfast, 2 x lunch, dinner
- Light snack and soft drink
- 1.5L water/day (to be carried by yourself)
- Village entrance fees, standard national park levy
- Camping equipment including tent, sleeping bag, mat (only needed if sheltered huts are full)
- Porter(s) to carry for communal items such as food and camping equip
- Fansipan certificate and medal
- Return train tickets* between Hanoi and Laocai and transfer* between Laocai and Sapa
- Return international air tickets
- Travel insurance*
- Vietnamese VISA (ASEAN citizens are VISA-free up to 30 days)
- All meals not indicated
- Accommodations in Sapa/Hanoi*
- Tips for guides
- All expenses of a personal nature
* We can help to arrange train tickets, transfers, accommodations and travel insurance if you require.
Mount Fanispan is a challenging and strenuous climb. Hikers should be of good fitness with trekking experience (e.g. Mount Rinjani, Mount Kinabalu, Mount Ophir) and be comfortable with walking on steep slopes and uneven terrain for a duration of around 8 hrs each day.
Due to the small group size, registration confirmation will be on a first come first served basis.
We can also help to arrange your train tickets, transfers, accommodations in Sapa/Hanoi and Halong Bay Cruise.